Thursday 28 February 2013

Like the new Playstation 4? Buy SNE

Sony Corporation announced their next generation console last week. It is going to be called Playstation 4. PS4. I watched the unveiling of the new console on a live stream. I can say that I am more than impressed with what Sony has accomplished. The new controller looks amazing, with the touchscreen and share button.


Jimmy Fallon also gave us a glimpse of the new console by inviting Sony on his show to demo the new Killzone:ShadowFall. Game-play looks amazing and I believe games can only get better from here. 


Well what does this mean? It means that as an investor, I couldn't help but look at Sony (SNE) and check out the chart. Below is a weekly chart starting from the beginning of 2011 until now. It appears that its broken the downtrend and its made a nice swing high which could indicate the beginning of  a new uptrend.


SNE had good volume in January to the upside and the subsequent sell-off was on weak volume. SNE looks like a buy and hold at least for the duration of this year. One thing to keep in mind is that Microsoft (M) has also announced their next generation console, the XBOX 720. However, the gaming market has proven that these two consoles can co-exist at least in the previous 2 generations (PS2 - XBOX) and (PS3 - XBOX 360). Happy Gaming!

If you need more convincing, please read this article by Delian Naydenov.
Its a very convincing read and with a title like "Sony's Common Stock Could Double" I have to say, that I agree. I am personally looking for a target of $22.00/share but I would gladly take $40-$50 a share any day!


No comments:

Post a Comment